[News] SISTAR ''We don't pretend. We are Girl Group that gets more charming by day.''


SISTAR is determined to do better, as they still categorize themselves into “Unknown Girl Group.”

When their 1st Full Album released, “So Cool” quickly reached Number 1 spot on the charts and even appear on variety shows as the main guest, but they still believe they are “Unknown.” When you first hear it, you are dazed and confused but that’s how much SISTAR believe they still have a long way to go. Believe they are still far away from their goals.

The SISTAR we met recently is exactly the same as SISTAR we see on Stage performing. One group, on stage they are innocent on stage but in reality, it’s the opposite. Another group, on stage, they fly across the stage and be active but in reality, they don’t say a word. Unlike these groups, SISTAR is 100% real and same on and off stage.

“We don’t pretend and be fake but, we are lively and active! I think that shows on stage exactly. If you see our performance, like our song, you know it’s very ‘cool~~’ so, I think we live up to people’s expectations for us. When we first heard the Guide version of the song, “So Cool,” we thought it might be too weak but, when we recorded it, the song gained a vibe and strength to it and became addictive.” (BoRa)

Although amazing vocals and hot performances are what describes SISTAR, one day, they would like to show a different image as well.

“I kind of want to try that Fresh song that Girls’ Generation shows (Laughs). I also want to try and show androgynous image (the middle ground image). There is a lot that SISTAR haven’t shown that we would like to show. We are going to show little by little from now on.” (HyoLyn)

These days, SISTAR is receiving praises that they have gotten prettier. For SoYou and DaSom, they have been on Diet.

“I did lose a lot of weight. Also, while we were promoting, we have gotten lots of Camera Massage (Note: It’s like after you monitor yourself in the camera, you fix to get better), so we really have gotten prettier. I also stopped eating at night and changed what I was eating.” (SoYou)

“But, I think they healthy looking SISTAR fits better than stick figures. We aren’t too skinny. We are healthy and look healthy. For me, when I film for KBS ‘Immortal Songs 2,’ I stop Diet-ing. I eat whatever I want. That’s how I can sing better.” (HyoLyn)

Their Entertainment Company knew SISTAR will be successful from the first day. It was after they saw SISTAR coming down from the stage and saying “We want to go up and perform again!” It was different from other girl groups who finish their debut stage with nervousness and anxiety.

“I just really wanted to stand up there on stage. When I really had the chance to, it was really exciting! When I came off stage, I thought ‘I wish tomorrow would come earlier so, I can go to the Broadcasting Station.’ I was happy just to stand on stage but I am thankful for all the love and support we get. After BoRa gained the named ‘Atheletic-dol’ and HyoLyn gained popularity as ‘Korea’s Beyonce,’ SISTAR all together gained lots of attention and we tried to work harder. But I still think we are ‘unknown.’ We are going to work harder to get more praises and love” (DaSom)

When all the members have a firm place by next year, they are planning on individual activities. Acting for DaSom and BoRa, SoYou is really interested in Radio DJ-ing, and HyoLyn wants to volunteer to help abandoned dogs.

“Sometimes, when I see a abandoned dog on the street, I would feel down for the day. Before, I had helped to take a dog that was hit by a car to an animal hospital or bury the dog. How can you just leave a dog on the streets after you hit the dog? I don’t understand and I get frustrated.” (HyoLyn)

It was common for the girls when they said they would date around the age of 25 with a main man for a Drama. The members shouted Lee DongWook , Ji Sung, Kim JaeWon and others and showed the same and bright images as other women around their age.

It was true that SISTAR isn’t fake or coy or pretend. When I asked “What kind of girl group is SISTAR?” they had a simple answer.

“Charming group! The more you look at us, the more charming we get! That’s the girl group we want to be!” (HyoLyn)

Cr: the Official FanCafe (cafe.dau.net/SISTAR4)and @World_STAR1
Translated by Jake (제이키)