[Interview] 2PM’s Nichkhun on his visit to Thailand with Victoria to film WGM




2PM’s Nichkhun on his visit Thailand with Victoria to film We Got Married

On September 17th, 2010, 11 AM at Vimansuriya Room Dusit Thani Hotel, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) led by Mr.Amnuay Tiamgreekul, Director of TAT’s East Asia marketing department and Ms.Walailak Noipayak, Director of TAT’s Seoul office, held a press conference to welcome back 2PM’s Nichkhun Horvejkul as a Thai representative to communicate and promote Thailand, along with f(x)’s Victoria in attendance.

Nichkhun talked about his current visit to Thailand “This time around, I’ve brought a special guest with me, Victoria. I want her to visit Thailand, introduce Thailand to her. I also want to introduce her to my family and my Thai fanclubs. I’ve made plans to take her to places I used to visit when I was young, places that I love and had good memories about."

When asked about where he’s planning to take Victoria, he said “We are going to Hua Hin later on today. I remember when I was little, my family loved to visit Hua Hin. Tonight we’re going to a night market which has lots of delicious local food like Padthai (T/N : Thai stir fried noodle) , coconut milk ice cream. We might be riding horses too. I’ve prepared many activities, I want everyone to be impressed with Thailand and Hua Hin.”

Nichkhun talked about his activities yesterday “Yesterday, after we arrived, I took Victoria to meet my family, introduced them to each other a bit, and then we had dinner together. We made ‘somtum’ (T/N : Thai papaya salad), she really likes it, she’s already very good at cooking. My mum also taught her Thai dishes.”

Nichkhun thanked his fanclubs and the Thai media for their interest, “Thank you everyone for supporting this Thailand Tourism project, with the media releases, people in Thailand and overseas are able to see how beautiful Thailand is. I am Thai and I’m proud to be Thai. I’m proud to be able to introduce Thailand to the people in Thailand and to people from other countries. Please continue supporting us.”

When the reporter asked about his favourite Thai dish, “I like Padthai and Kaprow Gai Kaidao (T/N : Stir fried chicken with basil served with fried egg). 2PM members like pork fried rice, they must add in fish sauce and cut chilies too.” Nichkhun answered with a smile.

The reporter asked whether or not this is a honeymoon trip. Nichkhun responded, “You can probably call it that, it’s like I’m taking this special guest to Thailand to introduce her to my childhood life, my family and my childhood memories, as well as introducing her to Thailand.” Victoria stood up to ask a question herself, “Now that you’re married, what’s the difference between before and after marriage?”

Nichkhun answered “Before marriage, I lived by myself, there wasn’t much to worry about or to think about, it was very lonely sometimes. But now that I have Victoria, there’re a lot more to worry about, not in a bad way though, it’s more like I’m worry if she’s sick, if she’s alright, fixing her clothing, stuff like that. Be happy together.” he said with a smile.


Nichkhun talked about his plan for Victoria in this trip “Normally when people talk about Thailand they would say Phuket, right? I don’t want to Hua Hin to get sulky, so I decided to take Victoria to Hau Hin. Hua Hin is a beautiful town with lots of delicious food, when I was young I loved to visit there. So this time around I want to take Victoria to Hua Hin and show her and my fans its beauty and charms.”

Many reporters asked about the TV program ‘We Got Married’, “from the TV program, you got a taste of a married life, does this make you want to lead a married life for real?”

Nichkhun responded “I got to experience living a married life from the program, it’s good, I’m happy, I could do it now, there are things…this is a very hard question (laughed), well it’s all good. My mum is a bit worried, afraid that it might get too real (laughed). My grandmother is also a bit worried but I already explained to her it’s a TV show that allows you to experiment married life, it’s a good program. I also told mum not to worry because Victoria is a good girl, very nice person.” The reporter repeated “So there’ll be no love outside the show?” Nichkhun answered with good humour “Right now everything is still under control (laughed).”

Credit: PINGBOOK ENTERTAINMENT - http://www.pingbook.com -
Article: http://www.pingbook.com/news/view.php?id=10052
Translated by Lady2O'Clock @ W2D