[News] Nichkhun & Victoria's press conference in Thailand




On September 17th at 11 AM, a press conference for Thailand's tourism ambassador, 2PM's Nichkhun, was held at the Dusit Thani Hotel. Hosted by Amnuoy Tiamkreekul and Lilak Noypayak, the press conference was in honor of Nichkhun's return, who was accompanied by f(x)'s Victoria as well.

Nichkhun commented on his visit to Thailand by stating, "I brought along a precious guest with me today. She is Victoria. I want to introduce her to not only Thailand, but my Thai fans and my family as well. I will be taking her to the beautiful places in Thailand that left great impressions on my childhood."

When asked about the specific locations he will be taking Victoria, Nichkhun answered, "I'll be taking her to Hua Hin today. I loved going there with my family when I was little. Later tonight, I'll also be taking her to the market so she can get a taste of pad thai and coconut milk ice cream. We'll also most likely be going horse back riding. There's a lot of things that we can do. I just want everyone to get the same impression of Thailand and Hua Hin that I have as well."

When asked about what he did the previous day, he answered, "I introduced Victoria to my family so that we can find out more about each other. We ate and cooked a few things such as som thum, which she enjoyed. She's already great at cooking but my mom was able to teach her a little bit as well."

He went on to talk about the love his fans have been showing by stating, "I'd like to thank everyone that supported and promoted this vacation campaign. It will be a great opportunity for people in Thailand and overseas to feel the charm of Thailand. It's an honor for me to work as the ambassador and to have the opportunity to represent Thailand and its citizens to the world. I hope that everyone continues to support tourism in Thailand."

On the topic of favorite foods, Nichkhun smiled before answering, "I enjoy chicken pad krapao. The 2PM members also love nam prik nam pla as well."

When asked whether this vacation counts as a honeymoon, he answered, "You could call it that. I consider it as bringing a very special guest to Thailand. She'll be able to learn about my childhood, my family, my memories, and Thailand."

Nichkhun also received questions from Victoria as well. She stood up while asking, "You are currently married, right? What changed before and after your marriage?" He laughed while answering, "Before we got married, I only had myself to worry about as it was my life. But there were moments where I felt lonely. I have Victoria to worry about now so there's been an increase in things I have to worry about. I don't mean this in a negative way. I'm trying to take her happiness into consideration. Will she be happy? Will this hurt her? I also try to take care of the things she wears and uses. Little things like this makes me happy."

He went on to talk about the reason behind him bringing Victoria to Thailand. "Whenever someone mentions Thailand, they always say to visit Phuket. Right? I'm afraid Hua Hin will be upset, though. This is one of the reasons I'm taking Victoria there today. Hua Hin features beautiful food and is a gorgeous town. I loved visiting there since I was little. I'd love to be able to show Victoria and my fans that Hua Hin has its charms."

The press conference concluded with a brief talk about his appearance on "We Got Married." Reporters went on to ask, "After experiencing a married life on screen, do you now have the desire to get married?"

"I think it's an amazing opportunity to be able to experience marriage on screen. I'm happy right now, happy enough to get married right away if I had to. This is kind of a hard question (laughter). My mom gets worried a bit because she thinks that this can seem too realistic. My grandmother has the same thoughts as well. I explained to her that it's just a social experiment shown on television. This is a good tv program and I told my mom not to worry about Victoria as she is a great person. She's lovable."

"So there won't be real-life love then?"

"That [the feeling] can currently be controlled."

CREDITS: Ch'an Rak Khun (THAI->KOR), hazyfiasco@2ONEDAY.COM (KOR->ENG)