[INTERVIEW] MBLAQ in Hanako Mag No.98O issue (Japan)



Newcomers of Korean Boys Groups.
MBLAQ and ZE:A who are receiving attention appear for the first time.

MBLAQ who exposes their exercised bodies and wild performances.
Now the charm of the 2 Korean boys groups that are receiving attention is pressing!

>MBLAQ 
Perfect performances that are inheritance from their senior.
Rain's younger brothers whose wildness is fully on.

MBLAQ
As produced by RAIN (Bi) gathers attention since before debut. In October 2009, debuted as opening act of Bi's live.
A 5-people group in which all members are blood type A. Following the 1st album "JUST BLAQ" seized No.1 with the 2nd single "Y" released in May of this year.

MBLAQ profile (from left to right in the picture)

Seungho 
Born on October 16th, 1987. 176cm. The leader who usually thinks about the group's matters and does the speaking.
An all-around player who is also skillful in playing piano and voice percussion. Favorite color is red.

Mir 
Born on March 10th, 1991. 178cm. The maknae who is being said "the most purified" by the other members.
Responsible for rapping. Actress Go Eun Ah's younger brother. Favorite color is brown.

Cheondung
Born on October 7th, 1990. 181cm. Also understands Tagalog. A rapper with pre-eminent style.
The younger brother of 2NE1's Sandara Park. Likes shiny colors.

G.O
Born on November 6th, 1987. 177cm. Looks a bit fearful, but actually is a playful main vocal.
Most popular with older women. Favorite color is red.

Joon
Born on February 7th, 1988. 180cm. Plays as the teen version of Bi in the film "Ninja Assasin" starring Rain.
A vocalist who exposes his exercised body. Favorite colors are white and black.

The rumored five-people group produced by RAIN (Bi). Performances that are inheritance from their senior while exposing their exercised bodies, strong manly wildness. However, Seungho, the leader that has his own charm right there,

"We are emphasizing our manliness on stage, but our true color is totally different. That gap is rather our charm. With no lies and no disguise, we do not look like artists at all. Really, we are the same as other ordinary twenty-year-old boys."

As an evidence (?) maknae Mir made such a surprising remark!

"Actually, I've been hearing that agriculture industry in Japan is developing, so I want to do Agricultural Studies in Japan. My parents are farmers and I was helping them farm."

In May of this year, with "Y," a song about breakup, they got the first place that they had desired for half a year since their debut. The five people who cried at the backstage do not keep their own experience of breakup as a secret.

"Because I am dedicatedly devoted, I've been betrayed by my girlfriend. In such a case, I would fall in love with a nicer girl and triumph over (my ex)." (G.O)

"If that happens to me, I'd think that my love was not sufficient and blame myself." (Seungho)

Though the other three seem to be inexperienced still, "If such a case happens, I'd put that experience into lyrics and want to heal my wound with the song." (Cheondung)

A word about his own charm from each of the five people who even in Japan receive support no less than their seniors.

"I'm often told that the expression in my eyes is powerful no matter I'm on stage or off stage." (Joon)

"My eyes. I'm told that I express various emotions with my eyes well. The remaining should be somewhat my moustache is thick. (laugh)" (G.O)

"For me there's none. If I'm forced to say...... my lips!?" (Seungho)

"Rather than charm, it's the sense of closeness that people at different generations can have a good impression." (Mir)

"For me my face is tiny for my height, and lately I'm being told that I have a 9-headed body." (Cheondung)

Joon who heard that burst out saying "how nice!" However, if we have to pursue beauty to that extent, we would be troubled because by all means a bare face proportional to the body (has to be acheived). We are waiting for their debut in Japan.

SOURCE: Hanako mag., scaned by MMMA shared @ Daum cafe
TRANSLATION: mocha@AbsoluteMBLAQ