[TRANS] Bugs 2PM Interview


2PM has returned as upgraded beast idols for "I'll Be Back."

The "I'll Be Back" beast idols have returned. With an even stronger image than ever of "Upgrade 2:00pm," they have released their mini album "Still 2:00PM." Mischieviously, the six familiar men haven't changed, and they have armed themselves as an even stronger and more intense 2PM when I met with them for the interview.

Hello. Please give a greeting to everyone at Bugs.

Junsu: Hello. I'm Junsu of 2PM. I will show a cool image to everyone who waited for us.

Junho: Everyone at Bugs! 2PM has returned. We'll work hard so as not to disappoint you!

Chansung: Hello. I'm the youngest, Chansung. We sweated buckets working hard and preparing. Please love and support us lots.

Taecyeon: Hello! This is Taecyeon. 2PM really did "I'll Be Back." Please enjoy our strong image!

Wooyoung: Hello. This is Wooyoung. Have all of you at Bugs been well!? 2PM has arrived.

Nichkhun: Hello. This is 2PM Nichkhun.

Congratulations on releasing your mini album, "Still 2:00PM." I've occassionally seen Nichkhun on WGM, but how have the others spent their time?

Junsu: We were busy with our solo concert together with our fans. We also made a lot of CF's and most of all we prepared for our new album.

Junho: I've been reading a lot of Japanese books. I believe that if I can learn to understand [Japanese] culture, I'll be able to empathize well with [Japanese] fans (laugh).

Chansung: Lately I've been engrossed in studying Japanese. I'll show Japan my flawless Japanese skills!

Taecyeon: I had gotten slightly injured when preparing acrobatics, so I managed my physical condition a bit and took some traditional Chinese medicine (laugh).

Wooyoung: In place of Junho, I practiced very hard to show off the main acrobatic moves. I'm happy to see that only good results have come from practicing. Junho-yah, did I do well? (laugh)

Nichkhun: It wasn't just the 2PM concerts, there were also a lot of CF's and WGM that I was busy with every day.

Are there any tracks on this album that you especially hold dear?

Junsu: When we were recording I really liked all the tracks, however...the song "I CAN'T" in particular, wasn't the style we normally do, so I like it more for its freshness.

Junho: I like the title track, "I'll Be Back" the most. It's a song that shines just like the sweat we were covered in for hours and hours while practicing the dance moves.

Chansung: Like Junsu hyung, I also like "I CAN'T." I actually really like peaceful songs (laugh).

Taecyeon: "Dance2Night"~!! It's the 2nd song I've made a rap for and it's even more motivating that it was used (laugh).

Wooyoung: I hold all of the songs dearly, but I like the song Ra.D hyung worked on most (laugh).

Nichkhun: I like the title track too, but personally I like "Can't forget your love" most!

When you watch the teaser video for the "Still 2:00PM" mini album, it really seems like "Upgrade 2:00pm." More than ever before, there's an emphasis on a manly atmosphere and it feels like 6 men have turned into 6 robots. Are there any special preparations you took to achieve that image?

2PM: The members received a lot of injuries while preparing the acrobatic choreography this time. Junho and Taecyeon especially had to do a lot of highly difficult acrobatics, and in the middle of it all, Junho hurt his shoulder and we had to substitute Wooyoung for him in a hurry. Thankfully, Wooyoung did it a lot and was able to produce a satisfactory video.

2PM's new album is on sale, and the theme is "dance." What kind of dance have you planned to show this time?

2PM: The choreography for "I'll Be Back" is a dance that was popular in the 90s called the "rabbit dance" that has been transformed into a "shuffle dance" to suit a house rhythm; the "shuffle" motions are lively and the movement has been made even more powerful because of our original beast-dol 2PM energy. There's also a part in the choreography where we do an action with our thumb for "I'll Be Back" that's based off of a famous scene in the movie Terminator. There are many highlights!

Ra.D participated in composing a track for this album. The collaboration's soft style was unexpected of 2PM, but was his participation a special chance for you?

2PM: We think it's good for an artist to always try to show fans a new side of themselves. Besides that, it was fun and exciting to work with Ra.D. Thanks to him, we were able to complete the song satisfactorily. Please give 2PM's new charm a try~!!

Taecyeon firsthandedly made the rap for "Dance2Night." Was it hard for the ideas to come out? Such as, did you use any material from your personal life? (laugh)

Junsu: When I saw him, he had been writing it while I was asleep next to him (laugh).

Taecyeon: Actually, I couldn't put in difficult lines because I felt that I wasn't accustomed enough to making raps (laugh). Naturally, if I had made it about love or everyday modesty, it could've turned into something from my personal life, but since it's just something I want everyone to dance along to, there's no relation.

Songs on the album like "Dance2Night" and before that, the cheerful melody of the digital single released in September "Nori For U," seem to give fans a more gentle perception of 2PM, but with the Christmas season drawing near, are there any plans for 2PM to release a carol?

2PM: There aren't any plans set in stone for it yet, but we want to try releasing a carol album sometime! It seems 2PM's image would really change if we were to don Santa outfits. Look forward to it somehow (laugh).

All the members have been active as "foreign advertisement models for the city of Seoul," but where do you actually go to most in Seoul? What place would you first recommend to a foreigner?

Junsu: I would recommend Seoul's Central Park, Seoul's forest. You can experience Seoul's seasonal changes the best, and it's a pretty area. Ah, of course, the sky is very pretty too.

Junho: Honestly, the place I go to most is the JYP center (laugh). Just kidding! Taecyeon hyung and I both go to Han River a lot. It makes me proud to think that a river that big is right in the center of the city of Seoul.

Chansung: Ah...there's a lot of places, but I recommend COEX and Apgujeong~!! There are so many people and different places that you won't even notice the time pass by~ (laugh)

Taecyeon: Han River Park~! It's where I go sometimes at daybreak to ride my bike and better my mood, and every time I go, I return with a clear mind and a sense of liberty.

Wooyoung: I recommend Gwanghwamun. Lately I haven't had time to go there much, but they changed it and it's really cool and pretty.

Nichkhun: I think anywhere in Seoul would be good. It's lively. Thailand's good too~ Phuket, Hua Hin, Pataya, all are good. By the way, I'm the Public Relations Ambassador of Thailand (laugh).

Thank you for your valuable responses. Lastly, please tell us what activities you have planned for after this.

2PM: Everyone at Bugs! We'll be working very hard for "I'll Be Back," so in order for us to get closer to you, please support and watch over us kindly. This was 2PM.

Original Source: http://music.bugs.co.kr/holic/interview/62...=1&sort=new
Korean to Japanese by Love Our Time
Translated by dawnjelly @ Wild2Day.org