[Interview] 2AM Saint O'clock Exclusive Interview


OurVoiceBox.sg had an exclusive interview with 2AM! You will be able to see the 4 members revealing the off-stage image of each other, and also they will introduce to you about their latest album !

1. Tell us about the preparations of the very first full length album , was there any difficulties met or disagreements etc?


Jokwon: Each of the members was all so busy and so we had to do our recordings late at nights and etc. Despite the fact that we had to stay up late for it, we all enjoyed the process of recording. Because of that nothing seemed so tough after all! We all have put huge efforts.

2. "Saint O'clock" showed us a new 2AM, a more sentimental side of the four members, can each member talk about how they feel towards this whole new album?

Jokwon: It took us a great deal of time and devotion to finally come up with our new album – I’d say it’s a masterpiece!
Seulong: We spent lots of time because it’s our first full-length album. You can look forward to hear all the things you ever wanted from 2AM in our new album.
Changmin: It contains various genres of music and I believe we’ve got the fine quality result after all.
Jinwoon: When we were recording, we tried to compose this album with all different sorts of music that highlights the best of our voices.

3. There’s two title songs for , ‘You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls’ and ‘Like Crazy’, which song do you guys prefer more? Why?

Jokwon: I love them both. ‘Like Crazy’ is like the 2nd version of ‘Can’t let you go even if I die’. They portray similar tone and mood. So you will feel familiar with it immediately. ‘You Wouldn’t Answer My calls’ has got great melancholic intro with the piano. Really, I love them both.

4. The music video for ‘You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls’ is very touching and sweet, how does Seulong feel about being the male lead in this MV?

Seulong: I spent a lot of time with the director to discuss about the music video. I tired to immerse myself on the situation that I was thrown into!

5. Chang Min wrote the song “To love again” which is included in the regular edition of , can Changmin talk about how the inspirations come about and also give a little introduction of the song.


Changmin: I based it on my own experience from the past ^^ I tried to express my emotions from back then, as close as possible. It’s about a guy’s pain when telling his regretful ex-girlfriend of how their relationship can’t be repaired.

6. Which song in the album does each member like most? Why?


Jokwon: ‘That’s you’. I get to sing the most part to sing in this song ^^ lol
Seulong: ‘It’s not here anymore’ is my favourit. ^^
Changmin: ‘To love again’. After all, it’s the song that I wrote so I feel attached!
Jinwoon: I like the intro track of the album. It’s so sentimental.

7. Jinwoon, do you have any singers in mind to sing a duet with? Since the other three collaborated with IU, Ga in and Lee Hyun already.

Jinwoon: I’d like to collaborate with KimC of Hot Potato, with the song ‘see-saw’!

8. Why does 2AM always say that Changmin changed the most since debut?

Seulong: You will see what we mean if you see his pre-debut photos. ^^

9. Jokwon, how do you feel about working in the same team as Brown Eyed Girls Ga In for the new sitcom “All my love”? You guys are playing twin siblings instead of couple, did the relationship between you two got even better, since you guys would see each other more often for the filming

Jokwon: At first, I was more concenred about it because I was afraid that we might just burst our laughing at each other and we won’t be able to focus. But it turned out to be the opposite! It was easier to immerse myself into the character and we worked hand in hand.

10.Seulong and Jinwoon are doing a great job in MC-ing the show “We Got Married”, did you guys see another side of Jokwon while watching the show?

Seulong: Yes, I’ve discovered a lot of new sides of Jokwon. He changes his attitude from when he’s around with guys to the girls! It’s totally new!
Jinwoon: Yes, I do get to see another side. It’s quite different to how he acts in front of us.

11. If Changmin, Seulong and Jinwoon are each given a chance to take part in We got Married with a female artiste, which artiste would each of them pick? Why?

Changmin: Anyone is welcomed! In that way, there’d be more unexpected things happening. It will be more fun.
Seulong: I’m just happy watching now…
Jinwoon: It’s more fun to watch it from the studio. ^^

12. 2AM is well known for their vocals, and also people love the other image each member portray when they are doing other things (like acting, hosting), do you guys think you are overworking yourself? (For having so many activities at the same time.)

Changmin: We have crazy schedule and yes we do have lot to do! ^^* But that also means that there are that many people wanting to see us on the screen. So I’m happy, and it’s all good fun.

13. Every member took part in different areas of work, can all member list out 1 other area of work, (be it acting, hosting, be a DJ) that they want to try out in the future?


Seulong: I’ll be focusing more on the activities as a singer. But of course, I will do my best if there is any area that we as 2AM would be good at.

14. To make a trip here again within 5 months is actually a pretty short period, how do you guys actually feel about Singapore?

Jokwon: When we first visited, I was so happy to see many fans welcoming us at the airport~ I was happy that so many came and showed us great support. They are all so kind and I think Singapore is an awesome place!!

15.What impression did Singapore fans leave on you guys?

Jokwon: They were very passionate yet polite. They definately left us with great impression.

16. After this event in Singapore, we believed that 2AM would be back in Korea preparing for your very first solo concert from 24-26th December, would Singapore be one of the country for your concert in the near future?


Jokwon: We are working hard on preparing for our first solo concert. Without a doubt, we’d like to stage our concert in Singapore as well if any opportunity arises.





CREDIT: OurVoiceBox.sg (Part 1), OurVoiceBox.sg (Part 2) (SOURCE)