[INT] 110115 Interview with Justin Bieber's PD (Sinhyuk)


Sinhyuk (25) is a promising producer that worked with Justin Bieber, etc. He's expected to stand in front US and South Korea's music exchange.

Sinhyuk is currently working at US EMI as a producer. His first project in his own country is a song called 'Supa Luv' for idol group TEEN TOP that was revealed on 13th January. You can feel US trend inside a Korean song for the first time in the song 'Supa Luv'. The song matches well with TEEN TOP's performance, and currently being a hot topic on line.

He's back in South Korea 4 weeks ago and helped TEEN TOP's comeback. Before he back to US on 13th, we met him.

- We heard that you supposed have your singing activities in South Korea, originally. Why did you go to US?

"I did my singing activities on 2004 under teacher Kim Hyungseok. I made my own song and did my activities as a ballad singer. But the result wasn't good. I learned a lot as I did the activities. But I want to be a producer with that background. That's why I entered Berkeley, and started my student life at US when I was 20."

- How did you debut in US?

"I lived at Boston and meet a friend, then we worked on music. I sent the music at that time to some New York labels. A company heard my song and said that the song matches with Justin Bieber, a rookie at that time. Then he recorded the song. That song is called 'One Less Lonely Girl' that was revealed on 2009. The song reached rank 16th in Billboard, at that time. By destiny, I'm currently working with some leading producers and managers."

- How did you end up working with TEEN TOP?

I received some calls from large agencies in Korea. But I don't have the time, so I couldn't try. But a personal call came from TEEN TOP's agency via my personal mini-homepage. At that time, TEEN TOP was still some trainees. So I think it's a chance for me to test my music possibilities in South Korea market. Because for top-stars, they're already big. No matter what song they sing, they will always be successful. Either it's my song or anybody's song. TEEN TOP's music color is beautiful and they're full of skill. That's why I planned to work with them even in the future. The team that worked with me also feel that Korea songs are good.

- What's the difference of 'Supa Luv' and the songs that you made in US?

"It's my music style, because I've been working in US. But I think the point in Korea is the lyrics. So I paid more attention to those."

- What's the difference with Korea songs?

"I paid a lot attention to the background effects. I think the song enriched in sound, rather than Korea normal songs that focuses on vocal's voice. Instead of making a strong ending, I made an ending with aftertaste. The quality is not really different but I think it's fresh. I'm interested in how will Korea took my song."

Are you currently working with another rookie?

"Right now I'm also a CEO for A-Rex production. We're busy because our rookie singer called Mat Musto just had a debut. In the future, whether giving songs, or debut in Korea, or even debut in US, I hope that I will be a bridge for South Korea and US."

Source: NAVER + OSEN
Credit/Translation: dianapetrina@6TEENSONTOP.COM