[News] G.NA, ''I thought the saying '9-proportion body' was a slur''



G.NA, who has been receiving hot interest for her "mannequin body", revealed an episode in which she thought a compliment was a slur. It came about thanks to her clumsy understanding of Korean.

After coming back with her first album "BLACK & WHITE", G.NA has been receiving hot interest for both her song and her 9-proportion, golden-rule body. 

"Even when I debuted last year, it didn't happen, but when I came back this time, It's fascinating that I've become an issue with my body," G.NA said during a recent meeting with a reporter.

When G.NA debuted last year with "I'll back off so you can live better", she had received attention for her glamourous and healthy body. However, back then, the attention had been temporary. This year, the interest has become bigger, and she is now attaining titles like 'mannequin body' and '9-proportion golden rule.'

"At first, I heard the phrase '9-proportion' (deungshin) and wondered why people were cursing me. I'm still a bit clumsy with my Korean, so I thought the word 'deungshin' was a slur," G.NA said. "I'm happy because it seems like the evaluation for my music has been good and interest in me has risen."

As a female singer, she may not welcome such focused attention on just her body. But G.NA welcomed it, saying, "It's exciting because I interpret it as a positive interest in my changes. Without anyone telling me, I have come to pay more attention to improving myself."

G.NA's attention and care for herself increased. She now checks on monitoring her stage performances, make-up and body.

There are staff who are responsible for make-up and clothing, but she wants to readily learn and do it by herself.

"I have interest in a variety of fields, so I always ask the staff and learn," G.NA said. "I don't think that other people should be responsible for me forever. I want to grow that part of me that will not panic when left alone."



CREDITS: NATE NEWS (SOURCE); ilovepocky@ROYALGNA (TRANS)