[News] After School Kahi for Sports Donga - Spouting tears after twelve years


Kahi is capable of leaving a strong impression in both songs and performances. In the beginning she couldn’t find the perfect song so her solo debut was delayed. Now as a solo artist the part she is most focused on is her live performances. In After School there were eight people sharing a song to sing live and Kahi relied on all the members abilities. But, now all the focus and responsibility is on her.
“Because I am famous more for dancing and then singing I knew many people would be curious. This time whether I would dance to the song, I had to give thought”.
After 12 years Kahi has fulfilled her dream. But tears come again and again…why?
“When I debuted with After School I trembled quite a lot. There was a lot of tension but we could fight together and go out as an army and win. With the solo debut there was a bigger responsibility but on the contrary, it was rather calm. However, there were many tears. At the time of After School’s debut tears did not come, but strangely now tears are born…this sentiment is new.”
Kahi remarks on the rumor of her leaving After School and makes a small joke about her solo aspirations:
“For now I am solo…I plan to continue as a member of After School…Last year After School didn’t have much musical activity. So this year I had a great desire”
On After School’s upcoming Japanese debut:
“Japan, we have a lot more that I want to show!”
Source: Nate
Credit + blurb: AfterSchoolDaze