[Trans] ViVi Magazine. May Issue. Q&A

Jap-Kor: 플럼 @Woogle & 블루멜로우 @Nunaissance
Kor-Eng: Egle @2pmalways


TAKE OFF

Q: What is the topic of the song?

Taecyeon: “Take off” means departure. It also means that we want to depart into our future together with the Japanese fans.

Q: It was the first song you have recorded in Japanese. What was difficult about it?
Wooyoung: As expected, the pronunciation was difficult. It’s especially hard for us to distinguish between “tsu” and “zu”, so it was really hard to record this part of the lyrics: “見つめつづけて” (mitsume tsuzukete). But even so, now it’s fine!
Junho: Taecyeon-hyung has a knack for language learning, and he’s especially good at listening. I thought it was going to be hard on him, because he was responsible for the rap part, but it’s really great that he managed to pull it through perfectly!!

Q: 2PM charms include manly dance. What kind of dance “Take Off” has?
Chansung: The song is about departure, so the dance also gives away a similar feel. Since the choreography is easy for everyone to follow, it would be great if everyone danced along in concerts.

Q: What has changed the most since your Japanese debut in December?

Nichkhun: We’re learning Japanese more. The word I’ve learned recently is “It’s alright”.

Q: What would you like to do in Japan in the future?
Nichkhun: I want to do everything that is possible to do in Japan. I want to release an album, and try acting as well!
Junsu: I want to be able to go to a Japanese restaurant and order meals fluently in Japanese! (lol)

Q: How do you feel when you’re taking off your clothes on stage?
Junho: Breezy! Because it’s hot on stage (laughs)
Taecyeon: In order to strip off one must painstakingly build one’s body. If I’m going to continue taking my clothes off in the future, I must put by spirit into it…
Nichkhun: I’m glad, because fans like it when we take off our clothes.
Junsu: I basically don’t strip at all… I’m too embarrassed.
Chansung: I think I’ve taken my clothes off the most among the members, so since it’s for performance, whenever it happens I don’t get any special feeling.
Wooyoung: Compared to me the other members have greater bodies, so I almost don’t strip at all.

Q: If you were to go on a journey right now, where would you like to go, and what would you like to do there?
Junho: A farm in Hokkaido. I’d like to relax and take a rest surrounded by nature.
Taecyeon: I’d like to take a tour around Kyoto, and learn about Japan’s history and culture.
Nichkhun: There are many places I’d like to visit, but right now I’d like to go sightseeing around Tokyo.
Junsu: Switzerland. Because I’d like to see watermills.
Chansung: I’d like to try out different Japanese dishes. Especially gyudon (T/N: it’s a bowl of rice topped with beef and onion and various seasoning).
Wooyoung: After watching “Buena Vista Social Club” movie, I wish to travel to Cuba.

Q: If you were to take a woman you like with a little bit of strength and leave together, how would you go around it?

Junho: I’d tell softly “Shall we?”, then pick her up and take off!!
Taecyeon: I wouldn’t force her, I would convince her to go by telling her something.
Nichkhun: I would tell her “Would you like to go with me?” and then take her along, after making sure she’s not anxious about it.
Junsu: I would pull her in with my inner side. I mean my heart! I didn’t mean anything weird about it!
Chansung: I’d ask her if she hungry, and then pull her away with “Let’s go and get something to eat”.
Wooyoung: I’d take her to a wine bar. Of course, I wouldn’t allow her to stay out late, and walk her home.

Q: Personally, is there an activity that you denote your free time to?

Junho: Composing. I’m doing it now as a hobby, but I’d like to study it seriously one day.
Taecyeon: Sleeping. It was really hard lately because of the drama (“Dream High”) filming.
Nichkhun: Exercising. For Japanese debut!
Junsu: I’m composing songs. 2 songs I’ve composed were part of “Dream High” OST!
Chansung: Even when it’s a day off, I go to the health centre to train, or just practice singing. Because I like it.
Wooyoung: I shop around for clothes, or watch a drama or a movie.

Q: Please tell us whether you are trying to follow a person or a kind of fashion, and so on.
Junho: I don’t have a person whom I’d like to follow. I want to walk my own way.
Taecyeon: There’s no one person in particular whom I’d follow, but I think I’m consulting various people.
Nichkhun: I walking in the footsteps of my parents. Because I think that parents are like teachers to you.
Junsu: There’s an artist called Kanye West. I look up to him a lot, because he has an amazing sense for fashion and music.
Chansung: I’m learning while watching Jinyoung-hyung. He’s very professional, but he also enjoys what he does.
Wooyoung: Michael Jackson. I think he was really great, working hard for his dream ever since he had been 5 years old.

Q: What diets have you tried? What were the results?

Junho: I’m always watching after my weight. My diet is vegetable-based.
Taecyeon: It was really hard to follow a protein-based diet and train all the time for 2 months before the release of “Heartbeat”.
Nichkhun: I’m quite the opposite, since normally I can’t gain any weight; I eat calorie-full meals on purpose, to gain some.
Junsu: I think it’s easier to loose weight if you drink coffee before exercising.
Chansung: In order to control my weight, I once was on a diet, and kept on exercising every 3 hours. I did lose weight, but I felt almost dead afterwards.
Wooyoung: Instead of various snacks I drank water. Even though it was hard, I managed to change my eating habits.

Q: Have you ever been so immersed into doing something, that you’ve forgotten everything around yourself?
Junho: When I’m training for the image that needs to be exhibited on stage. Heart beats so fast that body heats up.
Taecyeon: When I’m working. I get excited to the point I rip apart my clothes! (laughs)
Junsu: When I’m composing. When a melody pops into my head, no matter when or where I am, I always record on my mobile phone.
Chansung: When I’m practicing, whenever I heard a song play, my body starts moving automatically.
Wooyoung: I sometimes get laughed at when I dance anywhere, but I don’t care!

Q: If you look back at your life, what do you consider a job well done?
Junho: Becoming a member of 2PM!
Taecyeon: Meeting other members. Music activities, solo activities… just a few good things in life.
Nichkhun: Becoming a member of 2PM!
Junsu: Becoming a singer. I’m still amazed by it.
Chansung: Becoming a member of 2PM
Wooyoung: Passing the audition and meeting all the members.