[News] 2NE1 speaks with Cyworld about ''I am the Best'' their favourite 2NE1 songs and their role models



Hello~ Cyworld members~!
This is 2NE1 coming back with the upbeat club tune, 'I am the Best'.
We're coming back after such a long time, thank you to those who waited for us during that time~^^

Please introduce your new single, 'I am the Best'.

CL: 'I am the Best' is a song that was produced by YG's main producer, Teddy oppa. It's a song that shows a completely different style of 2NE1 compared to Lonely. You can feel it from the title, and the provocative lyrics are really a characteristic point. It's an upbeat song that can even be reminiscent of our debut song, 'Fire'!

Dara: In our choreography, we have something called 'The Best Dance'~ While we were practicing the dance, we all wondered, how can we make the moves look more like they're "the best"? We practiced while pondering that question~^^ Please anticipate it a lot~!

Coming back after so long, what activities are you planning for 'I am the Best'?

CL: It seems like with this single, we'll be able to see everyone once again through broadcast performances after such a long time! In addition, in July, we will be releasing our mini album, and on August 27th and 28th, we will even be having 2NE1's first solo concert!!! We are planning to have several activities this summer.

Everyone please spend your hot summer with 2NE1! Please give a lot of love to our new single~! And please watch out for our future activities too!





Please speak a bit about some previous 2NE1 songs that have held some importance to you.

[Dara's Recommendation]
For me, it's Fire! It's our debut song, and in addition, thinking about how it was through this song we first met our fans adds deeper meaning to me!

[Park Bom's Recommendation]
My solo song that was released a while ago! 'Don't Cry'. Thank you very much to all the fans who showed it love!

[Minji's Recommendation]
Of course, our song that received the most love~ 'I Don't Care', It has very deep meaning to me since so many people sang along to it and gave it so much love!

[CL's Recommendation]
For me, although it's not one of the previous songs we promoted, I want to choose our new single this time, 'I am the Best'. Since it's our song that lets us meet our fans again after 9 months, it has a special meaning to me!





Do you have a role model as an artist? And please recommend some of their music as well.

[Dara's Role Model - Um Junghwa]
Whether it's on stage or in her compositions, Um Junghwa sunbae-nim is my role model who always shows a new side of her. I feel that it's really amazing how with both her acting and her singing, she's never let go of either of those careers. I want to recommend the song that she released while at YG, "D.I.S.C.O".

[Park Bom's Role Model - Beyonce]
She dominates the stage with her charisma and her powerful voice, and gives amazing performances that completely grasps her audience. I think she's really a perfect artist. The song I want to recommend is her recently released single, 'Best thing I never had'.

[Minji's Role Model - Michael Jackson]
Michael Jackson, I don't need to say more, right? With his name alone, the legend, Michael Jackson will forever be my role model. The song I recommend is 'Thriller'.

[CL's Role Model - Madonna]
Madonna: She has her very own philosophy and originality, and seeing how she always passionately pursues new paths makes me really respect her. I recommend her song 'Celebration', featuring Akon.
Source: http://music.cyworld.com/special/starbgm/s...mp;ct=&pn=1

Translated by: GEE @YGLadies.com