[News] YoonA, "IU’s songs help to relieve stress"


YoonA confessed that she used to listen to IU’s songs to relieve stress in Japan.

On October 21st, SNSD made their comeback with their 3rd album ‘The Boys’ and they appeared as guests on SBS PowerFM ‘Jung SunHee’s A Night Like Today’. Members talked about their personal choice of comfort songs during stressful times.

On this day, YoonA said, “There were a lot of times when I felt exhausted when we first went to Japan. I was worried because I always told myself to improve. When I was depressed, the song that was most played in my MP3 was IU’s ‘Someday’.”

YoonA became hopeful, because the message in the song matched her situation well. She said, “I had empathy listening to the lyrics, especially the line ‘I tell myself to believe in myself, but I don’t.’ I was relieved as I realized that I was not the only one who suffer from these thoughts.”

Besides this, the contrasting characteristics of Taeyeon who looks for depressed music when she is depressed and Hyoyeon who blasts music loudly to hide her feelings also attracted attention.

On the other hand, SNSD members chose Seohyun as the military-like disciplinarian in the team. When explaining the reason, members said, “She is the strongest. Her lifestyle is so disciplined that even the unnies (old sisters) can’t be compared to her.”

Credit: tvdaily.co.kr
Translated by: imwhywhy@fanwonder.com