[Trans/Interview] JYJ ELLE December Issue Interview


Park Yoochun

Q: We heard that you spent some time overseas recently.

YC: Yes. But aside from the daily schedules, I mostly end up staying in my hotel room. I dim the lights in the room and drink alcohol. (Laughs) When I was in Spain recently, I drank 17 bottles of beer.

Q: Don’t a lot of thoughts run through your head when you drink that much alone?

YC: Yes, that’s right. Thought upon thought run through my head… I don’t want to be doing it, but I find myself enjoying it. By doing this, I can think of some ideas, and I aimlessly start to scribble in a notebook, and write a lot. When I look over these notes again, they become lyrics. This is how most of the lyrics to my songs are written.

Q: How do you feel about the charity activities in general?

YC: I think it’s a good thing. But I don’t like people who seem to be saying “Please compliment me about it”.

Q: Are there any other good deeds that you’re doing these days?

YC: There are, but I don’t wish to reveal them.

Q: Recently, has anything made you happy?

YC: Yoohwan’s acting has improved a lot. When I was overseas, I was watching his work on Youtube, and the feeling I got from it wasn’t pride or admiration, but ‘happiness’. Is that too boring of an answer? But I find myself liking those ordinary things these days.

Q: Is there anything that you’re determined to do?

YC: It’s hard to say… (He’s silent for a few seconds) I really don’t know. (His manager can’t bear to stay silent any longer and says “For example, Yoohwan would say that he “doesn’t want to do anything he will regret”) Ah, but if you don’t do it, how would you know whether you would regret it or not?

Q: What would you like to do if you had some time and could do anything you wanted to?

YC: I would like to go to a temple. If possible I would like to leave my mobile phone behind, and just stay in the temple and be at ease.

Q: What have you been listening to recently?

YC: This is hard. Junsu said Tablo hyung, didn’t he? I like Linkin Park, and when I listen to them I feel like the exhaustion just goes away.

Q: What are your upcoming plans?

YC: My personal work studio is still being renovated, and should be done around December. After that I plan to throw myself into composing new songs. And I’d like to find myself a good (acting) piece next year. I’m also thinking about concerts… I have a lot of things planned up!

Kim Jaejoong

Q: How were the Europe concerts?

JJ: Both the concerts in Spain and Germany were fun. It was an experience of initial fear followed by a feeling of hope, and we found ourselves a new goal and a new sense of confidence . Having Caucasian fans sing along with us was a totally different feeling from Asian fans (doing the same thing,) it was amazing.

Q: What is a must-have item in your luggage?

JJ: Hmm, a pair of slippers that I bought at the supermarket. It’s lined with a thick layer of fur, and it’s very soft.

Q: What do you do to become happy during difficult times?

JJ: They say that if one place is hurting and you pinch yourself somewhere else, the initial pain will lessen. For example, when I’m not feeling happy, I’ll drink and the next day I’ll force myself to sober up. I’ll eat a lot, so much that my stomach starts to hurt! And when I feel that I’ve eaten more than necessary, guilt hits me, and my bulging stomach starts to get on my nerves. So I start to exercise. By thinking many random thoughts, you start to forget the big issues, or something like that?

Q: (Holding a ball in hand, and catching the ball) You really like catch ball, (referring to baseball) don’t you?

JJ: (Sincerely) I believe that the ‘catch ball of the hearts’ between people is the most important thing.

Q: If you were given about a week of rest, what would you do?

JJ: Absolutely not! Never! I don’t want to take a break. But I would like to have a lot of spare time to spend in my new house. If I’m alone, I feel lonely but I like it. I’d like to be able to take a break and just not think about anything.

Q: What habits do you have that no one knows about?

JJ: Of my face, I feel the most confident about my mouth, which is the reason why I often stick my tongue out. To keep my lips moist with my saliva (gets so embarrassed that he turns around laughing and taps his lips) And I think red lips are better than pale, white ones, so I bite down on my lips often. Haha.

Q: For someone unpredictable like you, what is sharing?

JJ: Being able to help out. There are some things that I’ve done that I haven’t publicly revealed. And to act as honorary ambassadors for a couple of causes.

Q: How full is your heart?

JJ: I’m still hungry. I feel like I’m still lacking.

Q: Then, when do you feel happy?

A: When I write a song, and sing it with the members, the moment where it is completed. Before it is released to everyone, when it’s just us listening to and enjoying the song. No matter what, I always feel that those moments are one of life’s little joys.

Kim Junsu

Q: Do you think a lot, or not very much?

JS: Surprisingly, I think a lot. When we were in Berlin for the European concert tour, I walked along the streets at night and thought a lot, for a long time. I walked for about 4 hours that day. I’m the kind of person who has a lot of thoughts, but tries to shake them off as soon as I can. I believe in the power of positive thinking.

Q: When you’re having a hard time, what do you do to become happy?

JS: I think about the fans who are waiting for us! Once I think about that, I straighten out my thoughts and start working harder immediately. If I were to be even more honest with my answer, I think about playing soccer. Even just thinking about it makes me happy. Of course, when I’m in the stadium and moving my legs about, I feel even better.

Q: Recently, what song helps you lift your spirits up?

JS: Recently I really like Jason Mraz’s new song, ‘The World As I See It’.

Q: Is there a special person for you in the C-JeS family?

JS: Ji Hyo noona is the only actress I’m close to. I’m very proud of that (laughs)

Q: What do you think about being charitable?

JS: I’m still young, so I still get a little shy and embarrassed when I talk about being charitable, but I feel that we should have a sense of responsibility. Recently, I been thinking that if we can motivate more people to help out by helping out ourselves, that would be great. Participating in the ‘House of Love’ project, donating money for earthquake relief together with the JYJ members are things that make me feel very happy. But sponsoring children in Africa is the thing that brings me the most joy. The children are really adorable.

Q: What catchphrase do you have about life?

JS: “Turning misfortunes into blessings” No matter how hard things get, look at the bright side. As long as you look forward and think about the result, you will be able to walk in the right direction. This is how I have been learning in the past two years, and I think I now know a little about life.

Q: What book did you read last night?

A: I’ll be performing in the musical “Elisabeth” really soon, so I’ve been reading related books. I feel happiest when I stand on stage, so I have to be really serious about it, right?

Source : [BaiduTVXQ + ELLE]

Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net