[INT] Rookie group B.A.P’s Jongup, “Although my shoe fell off during the showcase, our performance was a hit!”


The one member who seemed shy at the mention of an interview, Jongup the innocent boy who seemed unfamiliar and shy about interviewing while the other members were answering fluently. He was the member we were able to sense his other charms outside of his strong image on stage.

When we asked him about how he felt about his debut, Jongup replied shortly “I’m really happy” with a tint of laughter following afterwards. Their marketing manager who sat beside him said, “He tends to get shy a lot~” in which Jongup silently smiled brightly as his response. However, he just tends to be shy but he knows how to speak about his thoughts.

He was in a dance club in middle school and since then, he’s raised his dreams of becoming a singer. “Going down that path, I went to competitions and I found myself enjoying the stage slowly. My greed for dancing grew bit by bit and in midst of it all, I was recruited on the streets and now I’m here today making my debut.” In seeing his eyes sparkle at the talk about dancing, the shy image we saw just before vanished.

Unlike other idols that made their debut recently, B.A.P has well developed, extravagant synchronization and a powerful dance, topping it off with their strengthening and appealing vocals, causing up quite a storm in the music industry. In order to maintain this perfection, they must have had shed blood for sweat, but wouldn’t this have been difficult for the still young boy?

“If it’s difficult, it’s difficult but I was truly happy. Practicing altogether till late in the night until we fall asleep exhausted, although that may have worn us out physically, I was happy. I’m very thankful for being able to even do what I want to do.” Although he’s young, seeing himself speak maturely shows a hidden charisma we felt from him.

On January 28th, B.A.P opened their first showcase at the Seoul Jangchung Stadium and 3,000 seats were filled on this day, making B.A.P realize their popularity. However, there was a small episode on this day of the performance that seemed almost too perfect.

“My shoe fell off during the performance. You don’t know how shocked I was but I kept dancing as if nothing was wrong and thankfully the performance was successful. Sigh, I was shocked for a moment and you don’t know how relieved I was.” Because he was too nervous at the time and reflecting over his mistake, he wants to show an even more perfected performance in the future.

What makes B.A.P different amongst the other plethora of idols? When asked this question, Jongup replied that is was their masculinity. “Lately there are a lot of male idols who are cute or pretty, but we differ from other groups with our masculine charms. Even our title song is very rough and masculine. I really like the dance also and I’m trying to be more masculine myself.”

B.A.P’s photo shoot and interview that ended past 12AM, it was very fun for us. The members scarily ate away their hunger during the snacks provided even if the time was late. Also, they’d dance if fun music was played and joke around with one another, maintaining the comfortable and fun atmosphere of the photo shoot.

“The relationships between the members are really well. Rather than saying someone is specifically close to another, we all depend on and take care of one another. Another charm of B.A.P is our close friendship.” Jongup is a very innocent-minded person who knows how to always feel gratuity to his members for being with him.

When asked about his ideal, he said that it’s someone who he “likes the moment I see them.” That was the answer. “I really like someone who I see and exchange that vibe with them. Ideals are just ideals~” When asked to pick a celebrity close to his ideal, he thought for a long while but he couldn’t think of one so Jongup just smiled. Seeing Jongup act his age of a young and fresh 18 year old was cute.

B.A.P who wants to show a lot more, and also Jongup. We hope that his wish of their name being known widely in 2012 comes true as the results follow suit with how much they’ve endured. We conclude the interview with B.A.P who is a good group. We really think B.A.P will rise!

CREDITS: BNTNEWS (SOURCE); HEODANG @ TUMBLR (TRANS)