[INTERVIEW] F.CUZ Kan "I'm also at fault for Sul Woondo's son LeeU's withdrawal"


TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS
Original: Nate News
Translation: MaxRide @ Fcuzed

"I'm also at fault for (LeeU) hyung's withdrawal."

Idol group F.CUZ's Kan (21, Choi Younghak) confessed his difficult feelings due to ex-member LeeU's withdrawal.

F.CUZ debuted in 2010 with Jinon, Kan, Yejun, and trot singer Sul Woondo's son LeeU. However, with last year's declaration of LeeU's withdrawal, the trio prepared a new album for one year and added Raehyun and Daegeon as new members. LeeU explained the background at his Japan fanmeeting, saying "We are persuing different musical styles."

F.CUZ, who will be presenting their third mini-album on the 27th, making their first Korean comeback in a while, met with Star News and openly talked about the background of LeeU's withdrawal. Kan, who suffered a severe car accident last year and was hospitalized, confessed that he's "also at fault for the member's withdrawal," attracting attention.

Kan said "when (LeeU) hyung withdrew, my car accident was also involved. I heard the news late, when I was in the hospital. I heard that 'All this happened because of me. Me having an accident grew into a huge incident and caused financial issues.'"

Last year, after finishing filming for SBS Mon-Tue drama "Athena: Goddess of War," the car Kan was riding in experienced an accident in which the car turned over. Due to this accident, Kan's shoulder was dislocated and he needed stitches on his forehead and nose. F.CUZ, who was promoting their follow-up song, had to suddenly halt activities.

"I felt like an obstacle," Kan said. "After I heard, I thought a member was leaving as F.CUZ's promotions were interrupted because of me."

F.CUZ has been very unlucky. Each of their album releases have coincided with the Cheonan incident* that gave the entire nation a shock, swine flu, and the Yeonpyeong Island incident**, thus experiencing many difficulties during their promotions.

*A North Korean torpedo sank a South Korean ship March 26, 2010
**North Korea fired at Yeonpyeong Island November 23, 2010

Kan said "I broke bones and my face was wounded, requiring surgery. When I came out from surgery, the members were waiting for me. I didn't have the face to look at them, and said 'sorry' and shed tears as soon as I saw them."

Kan said he also had the impulse to commit suicide due to his troubles. Kan, with difficulty, continued "I couldn't stop thinking that I was hurting the members and the company family."

Kan recalls "I kept hearing about it so I wanted to confirm the truth. Because I was at the hospital, my thoughts kept growing, so, thinking that this isn't right, I was discharged from the hospital early and met the members."

When asked "What was the truth," Kan replied "It's false to say it wasn't my fault. But it's not completely my faulth. (LeeU) hyung's parents were also against it, and his musical values were different. There were many reasons but I think I had a difficult time because I kept thinking 'because of me.'"

Kan says he is still in contact with LeeU. There is no friction with the members either. It's true that I was hurt and disappointed (because of the withdrawal), but the best I can do is pray for us to be successful on our own paths."

F.CUZ, now a 5-member group after LeeU left, will release their their mini-album 'F.CUZ' (For Century Ultimate Zest) on the 27th, and start anew. Their title song 'NO.1' is a dubstep song by Monday Kiz's leader Lee Jinsung and Melodin Junyoung.