[INTERVIEW] F.CUZ Reorganized into Five Members, Introducing New Members Daegeon and Raehyun


F.CUZ, which used to have four members, has attempted a change into five members. After ex-member LeeU left, new members Daegeon and Raehyun were added to the original members Jinon, Kan, and Yejun to form a five-membered group.

Breaking a hiatus of a year and 5 months, F.CUZ is releasing a new mini-album ‘F.CUZ (For Century Ultimate Zest).’ They recently met with NewsEn in an interview, in which they stated that their priority was to properly introduce their two new members

When asked what they did while out of sight, F.CUZ revealed that they visited Japan for vocal and dance training and upon returning to Korea, prepared an album as a new F.CUZ with Daegeon and Raehyun. Though it was a long hiatus, it was not a vacation for them.

Excluding Daegeon, four of the members went to Anyang Arts High School and were already close. Because of this, Raehyun had no difficulty adjusting to the situation, and Daegeon also adjusted to the team as well. Leader Jinon bragged about his members, saying “They were hoobaes (T/N: opposite of “sunbae” = senior) that I’d been watching. Yejun and Kan took their auditions together and debuted together, while Raehyun was famous in school for his acting.”

F.CUZ added new members due to the decision for LeeU’s withdrawal. Raehyun, who had a lot of acting experience but could not give up his dream of becoming a singer, took an audition for F.CUZ’s new member but experienced the shame of being rejected at first.

“I wanted to become a singer but I had no connections but when I thought about it, I had two close friends (Yejun, Kan) so I called Yejun. After saying hello and talking, I felt pity for F.CUZ, who had suffered a lot. Yejun said there would be no privileges for being friends. I didn’t expect that, and I was filled with confidence. Like that, I took an audition early last year but I was rejected at first and was hurt. Wounded at the assessment that I could not sing or act, I practiced a lot to sharpen and clean up my skills. Feeling prepared, I called again. As the members were not picked yet, I asked for another chance. That time, I did well at the audition, passed, and am here now” (Raehyun).

Daegeon’s debut was rough. He was a member of Xing, which B2ST’s Yong Junhyun brightened up, and was also a part of a 21-member boy group. He spoke about his past, “In Xing, I felt that I debuted while unprepared because I did not take preparations seriously. I left the group thinking that I should prepare perfectly before debuting. I attended practical music classes and dance classes for half a year to raise my confidence and started looking for auditions. I auditioned to be F.CUZ’s new member and passed in one try.”

Jinon, who was listening to the two members’ stories, hinted, “Although the audition was informal, many people went passed it. Many people thought we chose two friends, made them practice, and came back but we held auditions in the countryside and met many friends. I think 500~600 people passed it. Other than these two, there was one other person. They competed in a survival competition and the two members were decided.”

As they didn’t know who would stay and who would be rejected out of the three, Daegeon revealed his nervous feelings of the time, “I could not let my mind rest because I was practicing, left, and was practicing again.” He also said that he and Raehyun would check on each other.

Jinon, who was thinking of the practicing period, said “They didn’t speak to each other a lot during the competition. Because it was survival, the three did not speak to each other. I was thankful that they were working hard but it was also funny. It wasn’t a situation where we could relax either. We were also practicing as they were.” He revealed the story that the road of the F.CUZ of today was a lot more competitive than predicted.

TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS
Original: NewsEn
Translation: MaxRide @ Fcuzed