[News] IU talks about her decision on giving up college


Teenage singer IU previously revealed her decision to forego college during her comeback. On the day of the nationwide university entrance examination, IU instead took part in a photo shoot for the album cover and stated, "How much can a university education do for my music career?".

However, during the recent recording of KBS "Win Win", IU revealed the real reason for not applying to college. She confessed, "Honestly, the reason I gave up on going to university was because I thought I wouldn’t know any of the answers on the entrance exam. After debuting in high school, my grades dropped a lot."

IU continued, "Even in high school, I wasn’t able to attend much of my classes. I barely graduated high school so it got me thinking about whether that will happen again in college. I gave up when I realized that college is a place where you have to study harder."

She further explained, "My parents were opposed to my decision, but I plan to study composition and harmonics and promised them that I’ll become an amazing person."

Meanwhile, IU's full story can be seen on "Win Win" which will be aired on December 13th.

Source
Written by: jhezwafu @dkpopnews.net
Stay updated on the latest KPOP news. Follow me on Twitter @jhezwafu.