[Interview] CELEBRITY TRAVELER: THE WONDER GIRLS


The Wonder Girls' single "Nobody" became the first song by a Korean group to ever hit the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The quintet, which splits its time between Seoul, South Korea, and New York City, performs its radio-friendly songs in Korean, English and Chinese. After touring with the Jonas Brothers, the Girls hit a string of smaller clubs earlier this year. Known simply by their first names, Yenny and Sun (both 21 years old) and 17-year-old Lim chatted about their favorite vacation spots. Like a true teenager, Lim admits she's always on the lookout for "famous restaurants and landmarks."

Q What is your favorite vacation destination?
Lim: I would say Hong Kong because being there makes me feel free and peaceful. And it's a great place to go shopping.
Sun: I love the places that are really calm and relaxing. Beaches or mountains — it doesn't matter.
Yenny: Definitely an amusement park like Six Flags. I love all the rides there.

Q Where are your favorite weekend getaways?
Yenny: Lotte World, the famous amusement park in Seoul. I also enjoy going to Haeundae Beach in Busan, South Korea.
Sun: The beaches in Long Island were awesome. I've also been to the Grand Canyon with my friends. I was so impressed by the grand scale of the canyons. I was blown away.

Q What are your favorite hotels?
Yenny: Lotte Hotel (lottehotel.com) in Seoul. The Four Seasons (fourseasons.com) in Vancouver. The multigrain pancakes there are the best.
Lim: There are quite a few, but I would have to say the Marina Bay Sands Hotel (marinabaysands.com) in Singapore. I totally love the bedrooms there.

Q What are your favorite restaurants?
Yenny: An Indian restaurant called Pongal (pongalnyc.com) in New York. It doesn\'t get better than their chana masala and lassi.
Lim: In Hong Kong I like a Korean restaurant called Jin Luo Bao and Harlan, which is an Italian restaurant where I first tasted a Caesar salad and totally fell in love with it.
Sun: I love Serendipity3 (serendipity3.com) and Soba-ya (sobaya-nyc.com) in New York City, The Griddle Cafe (thegriddlecafe.com) and the Ivy (theivyla.com) in Los Angeles and Buca di Beppo (bucadibeppo.com) in Chicago.

Q What are your five favorite cities?
Lim: Hong Kong, Seoul, New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Sun: New York City is my all-time favorite, but I like San Francisco, Chicago, Singapore and Shanghai too.
Yenny: New York, since we live there. I love Singapore. The people are so nice in Bangkok. There's beautiful weather in San Francisco. And something good always happens in Vancouver.


Source: Chicagotribune
Shared by: *bluebutterfly* @ wgspectacle