[Interview] Infinite | My name is…2 Interview part 3




My name is Hoya. My real name is Lee HoWon. Hoya is my nickname ever since I was young, and I'm glad that I debuted with this name. When people I meet for the first time call me 'Hoya', I feel like we get closer faster. (WooHyun: When we first met, I called him HoWon and it looked like he didn't really like it, and so I called him Hoya and he suddenly beamed! SungGyu: Seriously it's to the point that there's even a rumor among the trainees that when you call HoWon Hoya, his mood gets better.)

I was born on March 28, 1991. My hometown is Busan. I have a hyung who is two years older than me and a younger brother who is five years younger than me. 

That's why when I first met our younger sister Jiae in Mnet's , it was really awkward. I didn't know whether she was a younger sister or a girlfriend or a new organism…

To be different from the other members, I chose the concept of 'Bad Guy' and didn't take that much care of Jiae on purpose. Because it was a program about taking care of our younger sister, it all got edited out. Ha ha ha.

I was a Taekwondo player until middle school. I went until I got to the third level and went as the representative for a competition, but the level there was different. I got hit a lot there, so my desire to keep going disappeared completely. Wow, I really got hit a lot.

I dropped out in my first year of high school to go learn singing and dancing, but I was dropped from several auditions and was about to give up when my music teacher told me about the audition at our current company.

For practicing the choreography for 'Come Back Again', we taped ourselves dancing and watched it. Every one second, we would click the pause button and if someone had a movement wrong, we would do it again.

Up until the day before debut, we never once heard a compliment from our choreography teacher. But after watching our debut stage, he told us that he "got goosebumps". It was the first compliment we had gotten, so I was really happy.

The name of the dance team I used to be in was 'BK'. The letters stood for 'Black Korean'. Because African-Americans have good physical bodies, good elasticity/flexibility during dancing, and good vibrations while singing, I was jealous and purposely went to go eat hamburgers with my hyungs who danced and learned slang that African-Americans use.

It was to the point that once during puberty, I asked my mom, "Why aren't I African-American?". My mom's answer? "Because I'm not African-American."

Recently while filming the music video for 'She's Back', I got a natural tan. Everyone didn't like that they got burned, but I was the only happy one. I can almost say that my role models are African-Americans.

That's why my favorite artists are Usher, Chris Brown, and Omarion. I really wanted to go to the recent Usher concert in Korea, and I was really sad that I couldn't go.

MyungSoo, no, L, has a strong and cold appearance, but when you get to know him, he's as sensitive and warm a caring friend as any. 

And SungYeol has a smart image like a model student, but when you spend time with him, he's not the same! He has a lot of weak points and his voice cracks a lot when he talks and he cries easily! Ha ha ha.

DongWoo hyung and I once learned rap from Mithra sunbaenim and DoKki sunbaenim. Mithra sunbaenim took us to his parent's house and fed us home-cooked food, and it was really delicious! We ate meat, eum. He eats meat with all three meals…

When we go to eat meat with all the members, we eat at least 20 portions. The manager hyungs always never get to eat because they're busy grilling the meat for us. They're like angels. (L: It looks like we're going to eat meat again today.)

(T/N: I would like to remind everyone that 1. This is a direct translation, 2. Hoya is not being a racist or being offensive to African-Americans. He is just expressing his love for their culture in his own way.)

--



My name is Lee SungYeol. 

I was born on August 27, 1991. 

Amongst our members, my height…my height is the tallest. When I measured it in the past, it was 180 cm, but I think I've grown a bit since then.

To be honest, instead of 'Infinite', we almost debuted as Super Sonic, The Big Dipper, iPop, Blackberry, or Icons. The names that our president had been thinking of until the end was honestly not appealing to us, so we were suffering for a while, so when it was decided as Infinite, we went wow! and were happy.

Originally, I wanted to be an actor and was preparing for it, but by chance, I got an opportunity to sing on stage. I tried it, and it was more charming than I had thought, so I ended up singing alongside acting. One day, I want to attempt to act as a comical but strong character like Yoo HaeJin sunbaenim or Lim ChangJung sunbaenim.

A while ago, I went to the filming of MBC's (WooHyun: Oh, wasn't it that SungJong went alone?), but I think that only SungJong will appear in the broadcast. After coming back from filming, I keep losing my words. A scene that I hope doesn't get edited out? Heuk, there is no such thing. But…I heard that a lot of funny things got caught.

While filming for the 'Come Back Again' music video, all I did was run all day long. SungGyu hyung rode a limousine, and L rode an expensive segway, but I had to teleport. Ha ha ha.

I said on Mnet's that I've dated a girlfriend before, but that's just, eum…hasn't everyone dated? Generally seen, I think that WooHyun or L would be popular with girls.

I've cried at a wedding of a distant cousin I had never seen before. Just looking at the white background of the wedding ceremony was beautiful enough to make tears fall, but my mom said, "Why are you like that". I could have been mistaken for being at the wedding of a person I liked. My sensitivity is a bit sensitive. (Hoya: Saying such things with your own mouth…)

But if you asked me to blatantly cry, tears don't come easily. If they asked me to do a crying scene in a music video, I don't think I could cry. (L: You could just go to a wedding!)

At the dorm, the laundry is done by divided teams. SungGyu hyung, L, SungJong, and Hoya are one team, and me, WooHyun, and DongWoo hyung are the other team. We rotate once every week to do the laundry. The biggest difficulty is that during the summer, the laundry doesn't dry very well. To be honest, we're not the cleanest kids, but we do need to live the cleanest we can. Ha ha ha ha. (SungGyu: There is…no clean member. WooHyun: Our manager hyung is probably the cleanest.)

If we could rebuild our dorm like in 'Love House', I wish that we could have two, no, four bathrooms. Then what happens to the rooms? Well…we can just make the living room smaller. 

--



My name is L. My real name is Kim MyungSoo.

I was born on March 13, 1992. My home is Seoul and I have a brother who is two years younger than me.

I was the one who created the name L. There are people who ask me if I don't use my real name because of Park MyungSoo sunbaenim, but that's not it. It just happened this way. Ah, and it's not L from , either. (WooHyun: But even from the trainee days, his aura was similar to L's. His hair was long then too.)

I was interested in acting and modeling, but I went to go see a lot of musicals and ended up auditioning as a singer.

I often hear that I resemble KimBum sunbaenim. (SungGyu: He happens to go to the same hair salon as us and I met him once. Eum…KimBum sunbaenim is really cool.) Eum…people say that. Even when I look at him, his face is small and he's tall. (SungGyu: Yeah, what's not is what's not. You must grow strong!)

During Mnet's , I got angry after seeing Jiae go to the pool hall with her friends during test season. When I dragged her out by the wrist without any words, I was really expressing my feelings honestly. 

When there is a fight about a discussion within our team, it's about choosing what to eat. It's hard to agree on a menu because there's so many of us, so our manager hyung narrows it down to about four and we choose from there. To be honest, there isn't a person who puts in a strong suggestion, so when we feel that it's not right, we have the types of personalities to just let other people's suggestions through.

The same foods that we all like are samgyupsal, chicken, and pizza. (SungYeol: Occasionally, the president comes by without warning and buys us meat after saying, "You guys' bodies don't look good". When that happens, he looks really cool. SungGyu: We have morning schedules so when we eat at night our faces get bloated, but those times when he tells us that we must eat what we want to eat!)

It's been over a year since I've lived with the members in the dorm. (WooHyun: I'm so sick of it!) There are times when I want to escape. Times I have actually escaped? None. (SungGyu: Our manager hyung is right next to us, so we can't say anything right now.)

I bought a really loud alarm clock, but since some time ago, I can't even hear it anymore because I'm so tired. So we chose a wake-up person for every morning, and if that person cannot wake up or wake the others up, then they have to pay a fine. Because we put up something of substance like that, people who couldn't wake up before now wake up immediately and scolds everyone to hurry and wake up. Ha ha.

My role model is DBSK. I liked them since 'Hug', and although there are people who think it's fascinating that a male student likes DBSK, I like their unique musical color. I think their songs are cool, from the bright-styled 'Hug' to 'Rising Sun' or 'Purple Line', which is more powerful.

--



My name is Lee SungJong.

I was born on September 3, 1993. I am currently a second-year at JeonJu Arts High School majoring in Broadcasting Culture. I have a brother who is three years younger than me.

My hometown is Jeonrado KwangJu. Normally when I speak, I don't use satoori, but frequently when I talk to my mom, dad, and friends on the phone, it comes out when I get excited. Ahtta, wamma, weomye~ like this.

Living with six hyungs is re-ally stifling. (Everyone: Euhahahahaha!) Ah, I'm kidding. I'm really happy. Really! The hyungs treat me well. (L: Don't try and make it better. WooHyun: Why are you looking at me?) Since I'm the magnae…ahem, my voice just cracked. Anyway, because I'm the magnae, the hyungs teach me about a lot of things and comfort me well. That's why I'm happy that I'm the magnae. (WooHyun: What is that, this comment that sounds like it's from a commercial! SungGyu: SungJong is really magnae-like and cute. He has a lot of aegyo (acts cute). But he's been hanging out with WooHyun a lot lately and it feels like he's getting more and more dirty…)

SungGyu hyung, who's the leader, really takes good care of his dongsengs. He lets us know about the schedule, how to greet people, and what to do when we're about to leave. I also think it was SungGyu hyung who treated Jiae the best in Mnet's . (WooHyun: You mean commanding her and asking her if she knows how to cook? Ha ha ha.)

To describe L hyung in one word, he's like a pineapple. Pineapples are hard and rough on the outside but really sweet on the inside. I think hyung is exactly like that. (WooHyun: You prepared that comment, didn't you?) Yes.

A while ago, I said on the radio that I wanted to eat sushi, and for the very next schedule, fans sent sushi and I ate it deliciously. Thank you! (WooHyun: SungJong knows how to use broadcasting.)

I saw a desert fox for the first time while filming the music video for 'Come Back Again'. I thought it would be really big, but in real life, it was very small and cute, so I wanted to keep it as a pet. But it was an animal very sensitive to sound, so we had to be really careful while filming.

Last year, when the King of Pop Michael Jackson passed away, I was really sad. He was my most favorite artist, and I wanted to resemble him in his cool and unique voice, singing, dancing, and stage manners. My two favorite songs of his are 'Beat It' and 'Ben'.

Recently, I had a sexy dance battle with Jokwon sunbaenim on MBC's . The set-up was that I would stand in front of sunbaenim and do a provocative dance. Afterwards, we danced together, but honestly I did have the mindset that I wanted to win. However, I think that sunbaenim does really well. (WooHyun: When SungJong dances like a man, his waves are a bit off, but when he dances like a girl, there's a side of him that changes. I saw him practicing really hard, so I tried to slightly imitate him and Hoya saw me and said, "Low-grade!", so I got that it wasn't my road and stopped immediately. Heuk Heuk-)

The secret to doing sexy dances well is to be sensual. With the mindset that you're seducing someone? (SungGyu: Don't say something like that with your own mouth!)

CREDITS : 10Asia (SOURCE); ilovepocky@NOLIMITINFINITE.NET (TRANS)