[News] Immortal Classic 2 press conference, IU and SHINee's Jonghyun full of praise for one another



On May 16th, IU and SHINee's Jonghyun both attended the KBS 2TV "Immortal Classic 2" press conference at the KBS annex in Seoul and praised one another's vocal abilities.

In response to a reporter's question about who else she would recommend for the show, IU replied, "Personally, I wish Luna could appear on the show with me since she's a friend of mine whom I have a lot to learn from. It would be fun if we could sing together on the show." She was then asked to choose a male idol, to which she replied,"Honestly, during the interview previously, I recommended SHINee's Jonghyun for the show because personally, I really like his voice. I didn't know SHINee's Jonghyun would be coming today, but he did."

Jonghyun then said, "Honestly, I wish IU wasn't on the show, because she's really good at singing. Clearly she's going to emerge as the winner. IU is also a vocalist I personally like very much. With one less rival on the show with such outstanding abilities, I was thinking to myself that I might have a higher chance of coming in first."

IU also revealed, "Among SHINee's songs, there's one called 'Please, Don't Go'. From listening to that song, I took a liking to Jonghyun's voice," expressing her delight at Jonghyun's participation on the show.





She also explained the reason why she declined to participate in the show 'I am a Singer' saying, "The seniors on the show are all legends. In 10 or 20 years when I have prepared myself well enough, I would surely want to participate, but currently I don't think I'm good enough yet. Therefore, I decided to participate in this show to learn from the songs of my seniors."

Regarding the show, IU also expressed, "I'm really nervous. I'm glad that I'll probably have the opportunity to get closer to other idols whom I usually just greet in passing," and smiled widely.

Finally, she said, "I feel honoured to be able to sing great songs and perform with other fellow idols. Yet I'm also worried about messing up my seniors' songs. I will work hard in order to not tarnish the image of my seniors."

Other idols who also attended the press conference include Super Junior's Yesung, 2AM's Changmin, Sistar's Hyorin and B2ST's Yoseob. The show will begin its first broadcast on June 4th.





Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
Sources: NewsenOsenSports seoul