[News] IU reveals her family history


Singer IU shared some stories about her past.

During the pre-recording of KBS 2TV's "Seung Seung Jang Goo", IU revealed her family history and shared about her difficulties which was impacted by poverty. She confessed, "My family’s situation was difficult so there was no other way but to live away from my parents. I lived with my grandmother, a cousin, and my younger brother for a year and a half."

She continued, "The room was always cold and there was never enough food to eat because my grandmother barely made enough money selling hair accessories at the market. I barely met or spoke to my parents so I held myself thinking, 'It’s ok because there’s my grandmother'."

IU also revealed that she liked spending time at the rehearsal room than her own home. She explained, "Unlike at home where I was lonely and cold, the rehearsal studio felt warmer. More than anything, I liked that I was able to eat enough and sleep in a warm bed at night."

More hidden stories will be revealed on the full episode which will be aired on December 13th at 11:15 KST.


Source
Written by: jhezwafu @dkpopnews.net
Stay updated on the latest KPOP news. Follow me on Twitter @jhezwafu.