[Trans] CNBLUE Q&A with Emugura Magazine



CNBLUE

The 4-membered flower boy band CNBLUE is an attractive and a high quality band with double vocals. The Zepp tour which they held in last January was well received and their popularity has been rising there !

<<>>

4 individuals with 1 “color”.







nt to improve until I reach a higher level.

What is his goals in this year?

I want to the new album of CNBLUE can be released and do more lives !

And I want to work harder.

Jong Hyun heard it then he said “that sounds to be a hard task. I don’t have any confidence (smile)”

Yong Hwa replied “Hahaha, but I think it will be OK !”

<<>>

A band is… someone who are more eager to bring you positive live experience on the stage than anyone else.

<<>>

Q: How was the first Zepp tour in January ?

Yong Hwa: We had toured around Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya, and Tokyo this time. We enjoyed all of our shows very much.

Min Hyuk: We are glad that our fans also enjoyed it.

Jung Shin: I had been longing about Zepp tour ever since I had been studying in Japan.(6 months from June 2009) So it’s very nice that my dream has been realized so quickly !

Jong Hyun: Through this tour we also feel we have been growing. I thought a band is someone who are more eager to bring you positive live experience on the stage than anyone else.

Q: Any funny things happened on the stage ?

Min Hyuk: Since this tour was held at the beginning of the year , we talked about our new year’s aims. Plus, we pass the microphone to the audience in order to let them tell us their aims or hopes. There are some difficulties in understanding their Japanese words but we encouraged each other by saying ”Let’s do our best ! “

Jong Hyun: Some fans said “I want to see more CNBLUE’s live performances this year.” I was glad to hear it. We feel the same and want to do more lives.



Lee Jong Hyun

(in the grey box)What he wants to try this year

I am satisfied if I can produce a lot of music.

Personally I work hard to improve my guitar skill.

Recently I am obsessed with iPad, I want to know how to use it better. So far, I have been using it to play games, listen to music and do some translation.

<<>> ※ continue the previous page

Yong Hwa: The audience has said many nice word to us so we want to improve until we are matured.

Q: The next question is also about our live performances. What do you usually do before you go on the stage?

Yong Hwa: We stand besides each other in a circle and we hold each other’s hands, then we and shout “Fighting!!”

Jong Hyun: Personally, I go to the bathroom before I perform on the stage. (smile).

Q: That’s important (smile).

Min Hyuk: Exactly. It’s very important for me, too. When I am in the toilet, I am alone so I can be more concentrated to rehearse my performance there.

Jung Shin: I eat something, chocolate or other things before the performances.

Q: By the way In 2010, the popularity in Japan was rapidly rising, audience were increasing. How do you think of these changes ?

Yong Hwa: For example, we appeared the event “Seoul Tokyo Music Festival”. We were surprised at that time. The venue was Saitama Super Arena. it’s a huge place though audience were recognized about us and the reaction was very well. So we want to work hard to do our exclusive live at there someday !.

Kang Min Hyuk

(in the grey box) What do you want to try this year?

Not only in Korea or Japan, I also want to be be recognized in many other countries. As one of the members of CNBLUE, I want to work hard to carry out this mission.

<<>> ※ continue the previous page

Jung Shin: Actually I went to a CD shop in Shibuya yesterday, (this interview was conducted in the middle of January) I was impressed by finding CNBLUE section in the K-pop category.

Jong Hyun: I was there with him, when we were walking the CD shop, after the door of the life opened, we saw our own poster there(smile) and we were surprised.

Q: At last, I think from now on, you will be getting more supporters. In order to let them become familiarized with CNBLUE, what songs do you recommend them to listen to?

Yong Hwa: I love all of our songs and I think they are all masterpieces. but I have a special attachment to the songs of our latest single “RE-MAINTENANCE”. I recommend it.

Jong Hyun: Me, too. The theme is re-maintenance and we put the thoughts that we want to try things again with refreshing mood in these three songs.

Jung Shin: Then, I recommend “Let’s Go Crazy”. We usually play this song in the first part of the live. It’s very bright and is a good groove. It can make everyone feel good, too.

Min Hyuk: I recommend “Love Revolution” & “Voice”. I often see lots of fans enjoying and sing along with us for these songs in live. I want those people to listen to these songs sincerely.

Lee Jung Shin

(in a grey box) What he wants to try this year

I want do more and more lives anyway. Then are interested in everything and want to make a try in various fields.

<<>>

I was impressed by finding that there is our own section at the CD shops in Japan.

<> ※this section is about their history.

<>

CNBLUE 2011. 1.16 Zepp Tokyo live report

The first Zepp tour finals, as soon as they appeared in a heated atmosphere, the place was heated up even more ! They performed the popular songs of their live “Let’s Go Crazy”, popular number “ひとりぼっち/Hitori Bocchi” “I don’t know why”. They played all 25 songs. In the second half, they shared with us their resolutions of their new year.

Jong Hyun: I want to do various live performances both in Japan and Korea.

Ming Hyuk: I want to put the songs that I produced in our album. etc… They can speak my mind.

I wish I can make beauticul music which can bring laughers to you …..

CNBLUE talked with matured skills and the stage was lively because of them.

Source : Emugura Magazine

Translated by Tsuchiya Mieko

Thanks to Thamei@twitter for sharing

Re-posted by omonOona@cnbluestorm

Edited by: Rice @cnblustorm